This is in response to The Daily Post’s prompt to the word “Blossom”
I have been listening to PODCASTS for about two years now, and enjoy finding new ones to keep my interest. The first few shows that I subscribed to were more for entertainment, like “Welcome to Nightvale” and “Serial” – they sucked me in to the compelling worlds and cases, but they were for easy listening. My podcast shows eventually grew to include “All songs considered” (which I am still an avid listener!) as well as “Reply All.” However, in the past few months, I have wanted podcasts that taught me information, like science or politics. After trying out a few and losing interest, I did find some that made the cut!
Currently, my podcasts include:
– “Stuff you should know” (talk about various topics from Tardigrades to itching)
– “All songs considered” (great Indie music)
– “Stuff mom never told you” (topics from benevolent sexism to women’s hair)
– “Hidden brain” (topics from police bias to coincidence)
– “How I built this” (discussions with entrepreneurs for Toms, Five Guys, others)
– “Criminal” (interesting crimes from the past)
– “World Cafe” (great interviews with bands)
– “Welcome to Nightvale” (short episodes of a fun world)
– “Rabbits” (following a journalist trying to discover how her friend disappeared)
After trying on a dress that made me look very “adult” (my age), I thought about how recently my podcasts, outfits, and conversations are becoming more mature. I have blossomed into a well-rounded young woman!
For some reason, the phrase “I is intellectual” came into mind when thinking of a title and I connected it with The Help – “you is kind. you is smart. you is important.” – which is a great mantra to live by 🙂