Earlier this month (end of August), I was nominated for both the Mystery Blogger Award by Respectmyselfblog and the Liebster Award by Niharika! I am so very excited that my blog is being noticed in cyberspace, and enjoyed 🙂 Thank you immensely!!
A big point of the awards is to keep passing it on and celebrating the joy of blogging. The awards come with different instructions that the selected must follow. I will keep it clear (since I am writing both in one post to save myself some time).
I will be starting with the MYSTERY BLOGGER award, since I received this nomination first. The creator of this award is 19-year old Okoto Enigma whose blog is called, Okoenigmasblog.
The rules for the MYSTERY award are as follows:
Feature the award logo/image on my post
List the rules
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Tell the readers 3 things about myself
Answer the questions provided
Nominate 10-20 bloggers and notify them by commenting on their blog
Ask the nominees 5 questions of my choice with one weird/funny question (specify)
Share and link to my best posts
Me, myself, and i
– i am a teacher
– I love my boyfriend, cat, music, and family very much and their support in life
– Writing lets me escape into happy territories (sometimes unknown)
Q and A
What is your favorite season of the year? Winter! Snow is still a wonderment to me and the cozy clothes make me smile.
Half-Full, Half-Empty or….Other? I definitely live a half-full life! Trying to see the best in things and people.
What inspired you to create your blog? What was its original purpose? Hannahs Happenings was formed because I missed blogging after my graduate school ended (I completed #blogaday during my masters program). Its purpose was, and still is, to allow all the fun thoughts that run through my head to come out on paper – and to embrace my true self in a safe and welcoming zone!
What was the best advice ever given to you that you wish to share? This one is tough because my memory isn’t that great… but I think one of my graduate teachers when student teaching got tough said “if you are passionate enough about something, the struggles will become flames driving you ad make you shine”
Wacky alert: If you could be any person other than yourself for one day, who would you be and why? fun question! I think I would love to be a member of the Royal Family. Many young children play games in which they are a princess or prince, and I think it would be interesting to see what pampered life is like.
And the award goes to…
– https://davidsnape.me/ ( “a place to be inspired and show off your skills”)
– https://yournibblednews.com/ (“an affable, friendly website with its readers’ interests always in mind”)
– https://tammikale.com/ (“women: each one a survivor”)
– https://easysays.com/ (“food for thought”)
– https://whiteelephantintheroom.wordpress.com/ (“random insight from an unwanted houseguest”)
– http://chocolatyprints.com/ (“a resource for great content and inspiration for travel and lifestyle posts from Uganda and Africa”)
– https://unfoldingfromthefog.wordpress.com/ (“or what i think about when I walk my dog”)
– https://justbrittanymoments.wordpress.com/ (fun lifestyle blog)
– https://macofortner.com/ (“song 2 book blog”)
– https://fluffypool.wordpress.com/ (“let’s write something every day”)
??? for nominees to answer
1. Where is the most exciting place you have traveled?
2. What defines you?
3. What inspired you to write your blog?
4. ODDBALL-> If you were given 3 wishes, what would they be? (no wishing for more wishes!)
It’s LIEBSTER AWARD time!
The rules for the LIEBSTER award include:
1. Write a post showing your award.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you, by mentioning them and sharing about their blog in your acceptance post. Remember to leave a link to their blog in your post.
3. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you gives you.
4. Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you think deserve this award.
5. Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
6. Give them questions of your own to answer.
Q and A
• What is the most recent book you read? The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
• If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? if there were no repercussions, broccoli and cheese Rice-o-roni (no judgment!)
• What would you say is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done? White water rafting down American River 😮
• If you could sit down and have lunch with anyone from history (living or deceased), who would it be? And why? Rosa Parks – I would love to hear how she gained courage to not move from her seat and start a cultural revolution!
• What is your favorite blog post that YOU wrote https://hannahshappenings.net/2017/02/12/for-the-love-of-music/ (it’s from my cat’s perspective and also is about music. The picture also says it all!)
The Winner takes it all
– https://adkinsdomain.com/ (“life is simple..so take notes”)
– https://dorothyshouse.net/ (“i’m not a fast cook, i’m not a slow cook, i’m a half-fast cook”)
– https://parttimemonsterblog.com/ (“I eat books for breakfast”)
– https://dewetswild.com/ (“disappearing into South Africa’s wild places…again”)
– https://creatingyourexperience.com/ (“become the creative person you always knew you were”)
2 thoughts on “(Tell it all Tuesday) Proud of the Prizes!”
Congratulations on your nominations and honors! Thank you for being a voice promoting writing and blogging. I particularly appreciate the creativity in your own approach and in the questions you shared.
LikeLiked by 1 person