In case you didn’t notice, there is a WHOLE section of my blog about music. This includes concerts I go to, songs that strike me, as well as the monthly playlists I create.
October has two playlists – one regular Top 12 songs for the month, BUT there is also a playlist called *October Wedding Edition*
For our wedding, Nathan and I decided to have a Welcome Party the evening before as well as a brunch the morning after to give the guests different opportunities to mingle more.
Each of those events needed songs of course! My dad and I spent weeks working on the Welcome Party playlist because this was going to be more indie (instead of the traditional popular songs played at a wedding). We had fun rediscovering songs that are important to us.
My getting ready with bridesmaids had a playlist as well – I didn’t create this one but chose out of options on Spotify. And lastly, the brunch had its own songs chosen by my dad and I (these songs didn’t play in the end but I still selected some for the overall wedding weekend playlist).
Below are my faves from the list of songs played the weekend of our wedding 🙂
– “Let it be me” Rosie Thomas
– “Donde estas Yolanda” Pink Martini
– “Hazy shade of winter” The Bangles
– “Waterloo sunset” The Kinks
Getting ready (more contemporary but that’s fun for the event)
– “Side to side” Ariana Grande
– “Chicken Fried” Zac Brown Band
– “That’s what I want” Lil Nas X
– “Put your records on” Corinne Bailey Rae (instrumental, for my walk down the aisle!)
– “It don’t matter” Jacob Collier (for when Nathan and I strut down aisle as a married couple)
– “Who knows where the time goes” by Fairport Convention, mixed with “Show me” by Dexys Midnight Runners (dad daughter dance)
– “Gotta be” mixed with many others (mom son dance)
-“Truth Hurts” Lizzo (one of first dance floor songs)
– “The things I do” Teddy Thompson
– “I feel the earth move” Carole King
– “Dakota” Stereophonics
– “Candy everybody wants” 10000 Maniacs
I’ll add the songs to the music sidebar when I’m home tonight from work!