Since July’s list was posted late, August’s list has to follow the same pattern. Here is the music that I really liked during the last part of Summer!
– “I know how to speak” Manchester Orchestra (a melody that instantly calms the mind)
– “An argument with myself” Jens Lekman (hilarious song with a good music break)
– “Nahwia” Baka Beyond (song from years ago that is still so unique)
– “In the real early morning” Jacob Collier (on repeat after I heard it on shuffle! simplify beautiful)
– “Living on the edge” Aerosmith (great head banger for long car rides)
– “Drone bomb me” Anohni (beautiful ballad)
– “Get free” Major Lazer ft. Amber (FUNky)
– “Everything now” Arcade Fire (uplifting, gets me ready for the day)
– “Light is coming” Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj (catchy lyrics and beat)
– “Soul meets body” Death Cab for Cutie (makes me happy)
– “Pink in the night” Mitski (LOVE LOVE LOVE!)
– “XTQ Idol” Trevor Powers (really interesting song)
I feel like many of these songs are great for the soul 🙂 As you can see, many of the descriptions say beautiful, uplifting, or makes me happy – music is so important in affecting my mood and I hope the August list can bring you to a good place!